Responsive Classroom Assessment, The
Improve teacher quality with this easy-to-use tool for reflecting on classroom
practice - an ideal follow-up to Responsive Classroom training. Whether
you have been using Responsive Classroom practices for several months or
several years, this assessment offers a meaningful structure for reflecting on
learning, identifying areas of strength and weakness, and setting goals.
This is an invaluable resource for school improvement! It provides a framework for quality teaching and will guide educators as they move from initial implementation of Responsive Classroom practices to sophisticated mastery. It's set up to promote honest reflection and rigorous conversations.
–Ed Barnwell, elementary school principal
Who is it for?
- Individual teachers: Assess your strengths and areas in which you'd like to improve
- Groups of teachers: Observe and assess one another's practice
- Administrators: Assess practice for individual teachers and use results to guide goal-setting
- School leaders: Collect data on classroom practice to help you plan future professional development
What's in it?
The Responsive Classroom Assessment includes:
- An assessment tool with 125 questions, divided into eight sections:
- Arrival Time
- Interactive Modeling
- Morning Meeting
- Guided Discovery
- Academic Choice
- Classroom Organization
- Classroom Management & Teacher Language
- Working with Families
See sample questions from the assessment tool.
- A guide with detailed information on how to use the tool and practical ideas
for improving practice in each area.
Read the introduction to the guide.
Read "What is The Responsive Classroom® Assessment Tool?"
- A CD-ROM with a downloadable Excel spreadsheet to calculate scores, store records, and provide summary data for an individual or group.
Note: The publishers recommend that each teacher have his/her own copy of the assessment.
Northeast Foundation for Children, 2009, 144 pages, spiral-bound. Includes tool, guide, and CD-ROM