Teaching for Education Equity
Renew your love for teaching!
- Four-day (or eight week evenings) workshop for elementary (preK-5) educators
- Powerful new collection of research-based teaching strategies
Be at the forefront of Teaching for Education Equity practices!
- Build cultural understanding, reduce bias and encourage a strong inclusive classroom community
- Focus on personalized learning via solo work, small groups, or one-to-one time
- Invite self-expression and critical inquiry
- Cultivate self-regulation and responsible independence in children
- Encourage productive academic conversations between students
- Develop skills of listening to and observing students
- Make room for weekly, goal-oriented teacher-student check-ins
- Increase the role of family engagement in student learning
- Learn communication and scaffolding strategies to increase understanding
In the future, this workshop may be offered on-site.
Email us if you're interested.
Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops. The Origins Program is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
What to Expect
Interactive! This highly practical, hands-on workshop is what you need to start using the new core Teaching for Education Equity practices.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information about the schedule for your particular course.
Sample Schedule for the Four-Day Workshop
8:00 Seminar sessions
12:00 Recess and lunch
1:00 Seminar sessions
Sample Schedule for the Eight-Evening Workshop
4:30 Session starts
6:00 Dinner break
(During on-site workshops, this agenda can be customized to better fit your school schedule.)
Lunch and continental breakfast will be provided daily. Eight week evening workshops will include a meal.
Dietary restrictions? Please let us know when you register. If we cannot accommodate your needs, you may bring your own meals. Lunch arrangements for on-site workshops will be subject to the school agreement.
Certificate of Attendance
You will receive a 28-hour certificate of attendance for participation in all workshop sessions.